This course is also available as classroom course IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 Problem Determination (WB869G).
In this course, you learn how to troubleshoot problems that might appear in an IBM Business Process Manager V22.214.171.124 environment. It teaches you problem isolation techniques that enable you to be self-sufficient and effective in discovering and resolving runtime problems. IBM consultants and IBM support teams assist their customers by using many of the methodologies that are introduced in this course.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
This advanced-level course is designed for system administrators.
You should successfully complete course Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5 (WB867G) or Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5 (ZB867G), or have equivalent experience.
Since WebSphere Application Server supports the core JEE services, WebSphere Process Server administrators must know some WebSphere Application Server problem determination techniques.
- Describe key problem determination steps
- Describe error prevention strategies
- Identify and collect MustGather data for IBM Business Process Manager
- Use the server logs viewer tool to read logging and tracing files
- Query failed events through Failed Event Manager and resubmit the events after the problem is resolved
- Describe the exception types from the SCA programming model: service business exceptions and service runtime exceptions
- Examine the trace log to follow the navigation steps inside the business process engine
- Isolate and troubleshoot WebSphere Adapter-related runtime problems
- Explain how to troubleshoot Advanced Integration services (AIS)
- Use Business Process Choreographer Explorer to examine problems with running business process instances
- Course introduction
- IBM Business Process Manager troubleshooting methodology
- WebSphere Application Server and IBM Business Process Manager systems and components
- Gathering diagnostic data
- Exercise: Gathering diagnostic data
- MustGather data and IBM Support Assistant
- Exercise: Using IBM Support Assistant
- WebSphere Application Server problem determination refresher
- Configuration problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting an online Process Server
- Troubleshooting process application deployment
- Exercise: Troubleshooting process application deployment
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard runtime problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting Business Process Manager Standard runtime problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting the user interface
- Troubleshooting SCA runtime problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting an SCA application with runtime errors
- Business Process Choreographer problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting a long-running business process
- Troubleshooting the advanced deployment environment
- Exercise: Troubleshooting Advanced Integration services
- Business Process Manager performance problems
- WebSphere Adapter problems
- Exercise: Troubleshooting WebSphere Adapters
- Problem prevention and best practices
- Course summary