IBM Cloud Pak for Automation, Installation and Administration
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course IBM Cloud Pak for Automation, Installation and Administration (ZB318G). This option does not require any travel.
This course is designed to teach the skills that are needed to work with IBM Cloud Pak for Automation. Through a presentation and three hands-on lab exercises, you learn to deploy the IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) and IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine products in containerized environments by using IBM Cloud Pak for Automation. You use Network File System (NFS), Db2, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) as required by ODM and Content running in docker containers. You also learn some basic skills to manage, troubleshoot, and administer the installed containerized products that are deployed on the Red Hat OpenShift environment. In the lab exercises, you interact with the OpenShift cluster by using both the OpenShift Command-line interface (CLI) and the web console.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
This course is intended for administrators and operators responsible for installing and managing containerized environments.
Before taking this course, you should have some experience working with Docker and Kubernetes. You should also have experience with, or prior education on, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift Container platform (RHOCP).
• Describe IBM Cloud Paks
• Explain IBM Cloud Pak for Automation
• Connect to Red Hat OpenShift Container (RHOCP)
• Load IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) docker images for Cloud Pak for Automation (CP4A)
• Create and secure the ODM database
• Deploy the ODM container on RHOCP
• Verify the successful ODM deployment
• Connect to the ODM container and successfully log in to the Decision Server console and Rule Execution Server console
• Create the Persistent Volumes and Persistent Volume Claims that are required by IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine
• Prepare the database required by IBM Content Platform Engine
• Prepare Lightweight Directory Access Protocol LDAP required by BM Content Platform Engine
• Load the BM Content Platform Engine docker images for Cloud Pak for Automation
• Deploy the BM Content Platform Engine container
• Verify successful IBM Content Platform Engine deployment
• Connect to the BM Content Platform Engine container and successfully log in to the Administrative Console for Content Engine (ACCE)
• Troubleshoot the deployment
• Explore the Red Hat OpenShift container (RHOCP) web console for container management
• Examine the available open source monitoring options - metrics, alerts, and dashboards
• Scale an application deployment by using OpenShift
• Monitor containers by using probes
IBM Cloud Pak for Automation Overview
Education Lab Environment Overview
Exercise: Deploying the IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) container
Exercise: Deploying the IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine (CPE) container
Exercise: Administering the IBM Cloud Pak for Automation containers
Course summary, badge, and other learning resources
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.