What's New in POWER8 (VIOS 2.2.5/HMC V8 R8.6.0) and AIX 7.2 (Technology Level 1)?
This non-workshop (lecture-only) course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of Power Systems hardware, PowerVM, AIX and related software products. It covers Power Systems product enhancements that were announced in September and October 2016.
The course covers details of the new POWER8 processor-based systems, along with enhancements and new features for previously announced systems. It also covers new functionality and product enhancements provided with PowerVM 2.2.5, Virtual I/O Server V2.2.5, HMC V8 R8.6.0, PowerVM NovaLink V126.96.36.199, AIX V7.2 TL1, AIX V7.1 TL4 SP3, PowerVC V1.3.2, and PowerHA SystemMirror V7.2.1.
This advanced course is for anyone responsible for system administrative duties including implementing and managing IBM POWER7 or POWER8 processor-based servers running AIX and Linux.
The course covers a broad variety of topics. In order to understand an enhancement to a product, a student must generally have existing knowledge of that product. However, students cannot be expected to have existing knowledge of all products covered in the course. The course will provide some context for enhancements when necessary, but it cannot describe basic first principles for all products.
Students must have basic AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM system administration experience. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses or students can have equivalent AIX skills:
• AN12G: Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
• AN14G: AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals
The PowerVM, Virtual I/O Server and HMC prerequisite skills can be met by attending the following courses or students can have equivalent skills.
• AN30G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
• AN31G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
• AN32G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization III: Implementing Shared Storage Pools
• AN33G: Implementing PowerVM Live Partition Mobility
• Discuss new POWER8 processor-based servers
• Discuss enhancements to existing POWER8 processor-based servers
• Describe new features of PowerVM V2.2.5, including:
▪ vNIC device failover support
▪ Live Partition Mobility enhancements
▪ New SEA attributes for failover control
▪ PowerVM NovaLink V188.8.131.52 enhancements
• Describe new features of AIX V7.2, including:
▪ AIX Live Update enhancements
• Describe new features of PowerVC V1.3.2
• Describe new features of PowerHA System Mirror V7.2.1
Unit 1 - What's new in Power Systems hardware
Unit 2 - What's new in PowerVM
Unit 3 - What's new in AIX
Unit 4 - What's new in other Power Systems software
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.