This unit introduces you to the Datacap FastDoc user interface. It then focuses on the batch configuration and upload processing in Local mode.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Application Builders who are responsible for building Datacap applications
- Anyone who needs to know the capabilities of FastDoc in local mode
- Familiarity with capture concepts
- Recommended: F251 IBM Datacap 9.0.1: Introduction
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Describe the FastDoc capabilities and modes of operation
- FastDoc User Interface
- Local mode and Datacap Server mode
- FastDoc as a development tool
- FastDoc as client
Configure and run tasks in the local mode
- Configure a local batch
- Process documents in local mode
- Configure a Scan and Upload Task
FastDoc Capabilities Overview
- What is FastDoc?
- FastDoc versatility, interface, interface icons
- FastDoc local mode
- FastDoc advantages
- FastDoc terms
FastDoc local mode
- FastDoc local batch profile configuration
- Configure local batch profiles and parameters
- Configure local tasks
- Create and run a local batch
Create a local capture batch
- What is a local batch profile?
- What is a local task?
- When is a local batch profile required?
- Where is data located?
- Configure local batches
- FastDoc (Admin) local configuration interface
- Batch task pane
- Scan interface and panels
Process local batches
- Scan batch preparation
- Scan, process, and verify a batch
- Correct error
- Export the batch
Configure Scan and upload
- Add an upload batch
- Batch profile task configuration options
- Configure the upload task