What's New in IBM i 7.3 and IBM POWER8 Systems
This course is designed to enable the students to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new functions of IBM i 7.3 on POWER7 and POWER8 hardware.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced in 2015-2016 announcements of POWER8 hardware and the 2016 announcement of IBM i 7.3.
This course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
The following are recommended prerequisites:
•Basic understanding of Power Systems with IBM i architecture.
•Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the new models of POWER8
• Describe the significant POWER8 hardware
• Describe single root IO virtualization
• Describe the new enhancements to IBM i 7.3 software release
• Describe the major planning steps to upgrade to IBM i 7.3
• Describe the major enhancements of DB2
• Describe the major security enhancements
• Describe the enhancements to IBM i Access
• Describe the enhancements of IBM Navigator for i
• Describe the enhancements for application development
• Describe the enhancements to Open Source for IBM i
• Describe the enhancements IBM i mobile
• Describe PowerHA/DR strategy and product offerings
• Describe the major functions of PowerVC
• Describe the major functions of PowerVP
Unit 1 - IBM i 7.3 overview
Unit 2 - POWER8 overview
Unit 3 – POWER8 scale-out systems
Unit 4 – POWER8 scale-up systems
Unit 5 – POWER8 upgrade planning
Unit 6 – POWER8 I/O
Unit 7 – Upgrading to IBM i 7.3
Unit 8 - DB2 for i enhancements in 7.3
Unit 9 – IBM i Services
Unit 10 - Systems management – Access Client Solutions
Exercise 1 – Run SQL Scripts with Access Client Solutions
Unit 11 - Systems management – Navigator for i
Unit 12 - Systems management – Navigator for i – Performance Tasks
Unit 13 – Security authority collection
Exercise 2 – Explore security authority collection
Unit 14 - Application development and Open Source enhancements
Unit 15 - Mobile enhancements
Unit 16 – Networking enhancements
Unit 17 - BRMS enhancements
Unit 18 - PowerHA enhancements
Unit 19 – PowerVC Virtualization Center with IBM i
Unit 20 - PowerVP Virtualization Performance Intelligence
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.