This unit shows how to create Entry Templates using Entry Template Manager and to add items to the repository using these templates. You will also learn how to customize the property layouts, associate an entry template to a folder, and configure entry template management.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Anyone who needs to know the capabilities of IBM Content Navigator Entry Templates.
- Administrators who are responsible for configuring and administering IBM Content Navigator system.
- Application Builders who implement solutions by using IBM Content Navigator.
- IBM Content Navigator 188.8.131.52: Introduction (F270)
- IBM Content Navigator 184.108.40.206: Configuration (F271)
- Recommended: IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction (F280G)
- Recommended: IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with Object Metadata (F282G)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build an entry template to add documents.
- Associate entry templates to a folder.
- Customize property layouts for entry templates.
- Configure entry template management.
Build Entry Templates
- IBM Content Navigator Entry Templates
- Entry Templates Manager View
- Entry Templates - Filters
- Entry Templates Manager - actions
- Create Entry Templates
- High-level steps to create Entry Templates
- Define the Entry Template
- Set the Item Storage Location
- Set the Item Properties
- Set the Item Security
- Configure a Workflow for the Item
- Set Options for the Item
- Associate entry templates with folders
- Associate entry templates with folders - Modify destination
- Associate entry templates with folders - Modify file types
Customize Property Layouts
- Entry Templates - Edit Layout
- Layout tool
- Container Settings
- Properties Palette
- Property Information
- Entry Templates - Default Property Layout
- Property Layout - Settings
- Property Settings
- Editor Settings
- Editor Settings for multi-value properties
- Custom Property Layout at Runtime
Configure Entry Template Management
- IBM FileNet Entry Templates - Required add-ons
- Configure IBM FileNet Entry Templates for a repository
- Enable Entry template management
- Security settings for entry templates in repository
- Entry Templates Manager Feature for a desktop
- FileNet Content Manager Entry Templates – Data Model