This course provides training on customizing and extending the IBM Content Navigator features. You learn how to develop plug-ins and implement External Data Services. You also learn how to create a custom workflow step processor. You use the student guide and an IBM Content Navigator system to complete the learning.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Developers who are responsible for
- Customizing and extending the IBM Content Navigator features by developing plug-ins
- Anyone who needs to know the capabilities of IBM Content Navigator.
- Intermediate level expertise in the following technologies:
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML 5)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3)
- Dojo (version 1.8.4)
- Experience with Eclipse IDE for developing applications.
- Familiarity with deploying applications in WebSphere Application Server.
- Familiarity with Content and Business Process Management (workflow) concepts
- Experience with IBM Content Navigator or the following recommended Courses:
- F205 - Introduction to IBM Content Navigator 2.0
- F121 - IBM Content Navigator 2.0.2 Administration
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Implement External Data Services (EDS)
- Prefill an initial value for a data field
- Implement property field validation
- Create dependent Choice Lists with sample EDS
- Change the field status dynamically for a property
- Develop custom plug-ins to do the following tasks:
- Implement custom Response Filters
- Add a custom Property Editor
- Add a custom Feature
- Add a custom Action
- Create a Custom Workflow Step Processor
- Develop and configure a custom step processor
- Add external data services to step processor
- Add an action to the custom step processor
- Use Content Navigator widgets in other applications
- Integrate Content Navigator with URL API