This course is designed to help learners to understand the features of the Commerce Composer tool and develop and deploy the Commerce Composer assets.
The content that is developed in this course enable the Technical operations and Developing team of an e-commerce store to adapt the Commerce Composer tool as per the business requirement. In- depth content cover the skills and knowledge to customize the tool. The topics include an overview of the Commerce Composer tool, customizing widgets and layout development, loading Commerce Composer assets, and effective strategies for testing and customizing the tool. The topics incorporate relevant procedures to understand the processes that can be performed for and using the tool.
Numerous exercises that are provided throughout the course reinforce the concepts that are covered in the lectures and enable students to practice their newly acquired skills. The hands-on exercises that are provided emphasize the topics taught, which are relevant to the business scenarios that can be addressed by the Commerce Composer tool.
This intermediate course is designed for Technical operations and Development team of an e-commerce store who want to use the Commerce Composer tool of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 systems.
You should have:
- Completed existing Developer courses, Programming Essentials for IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Customization (6T225G) Advanced Programming Topics for IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Customization (6T226G) (WC710G) (6T224G)
- Experience customizing WebSphere Commerce.
- Describe the features and architecture of the Commerce Composer tool.
- Create Commerce Composer assets.
- Register and deploy Commerce Composer assets.
- Describe the effective strategies for developing Commerce Composer assets.
- Course introduction
- Unit 1. IBM Commerce Composer Tool
- Lesson 1 1. Commerce Composer tool
- Lesson 1.2. Pages and layouts
- Unit 2. Custom Widgets
- Lesson 2.1. Widget architecture
- Lesson 2.2. Widget groups
- Lesson 2.3. Create custom widgets
- Exercise 2.3.1. Generating widget source code
- Exercise 2.3.2. Defining the storefront assets for a custom site-level widget
- Exercise 2.3.3. Testing the widget
- Unit 3. Deploying Commerce Composer assets
- Lesson 3.1. Load sample data
- Exercise 3.1.1. Loading widgets using Data Load
- Exercise 3.1.2. Add extended widget properties
- Exercise 3.1.3. Adding the object definition for a custom widget
- Exercise 3.1.4. Define property views for a custom widget
- Exercise 3.1.5. Testing the custom widget in the Management Center
- Unit 4. Custom layouts
- Lesson 4.1. Layout and layout template architecture
- Exercise 4.1.1. Creating a custom Commerce Composer layout
- Exercise 4.1.2. Load a Commerce Composer page as Shopping Cart page
- Exercise 4.1.3. Converting a page to use Commerce Composer
- Exercise 4.1.4. Testing your customization code
- Unit 5. Effective strategies for customizing Commerce Composer
- Lesson 5.2. Responsive Web Design in widgets and templates
- Lesson 5.3. Effective testing of assets and widgets
- Lesson 5.4. Widgetizing existing assets
- Exercise 5.2.1. Updating a widget to be responsive
- Exercise 5.3.1. Packaging Commerce Composer Assets
- Course Wrapup