Implementing Cloud Manager with Openstack on Power Systems
This course describes the concepts and implementation details to install, configure, and implement the IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack as a cloud management solution managing a private cloud based on IBM PowerVC. The virtualized Power Systems-based environment consists of Linux on Power virtual machines.
The course topics cover planning for the Cloud Manager with OpenStack installation, customizing the environment, management, and using the self-service portal to capture and deploy virtual machine images. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture and give the students the experience of installing and configuring IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on a Power Systems-based environment.
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include personnel involved with implementing, configuring and managing a cloud infrastructure using IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on Power Systems.
The following course is recommended prior to this course:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Recall the role of OpenStack within a cloud implementation
• Recall the role of Chef within a cloud implementation
• Describe the major functions of the IBM Cloud Manager with the OpenStack product
• Recall the planning steps to implement IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack managing a PowerVC virtualized environment
• Execute select administration tasks on IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack using the dashboard
• Recall and execute tasks with images and instances
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.