This course is designed to teach the installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on POWER7 servers. Class activities include installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting Linux in a Power environment.
This course is for system administrators that have experience with either Linux or Power Systems, but not together. This course provides the bridge for these skill sets to be brought together.
You should have a basic background in systems administration and troubleshooting. No previous courseware is required.
- Recognize different execution environments that each Linux distribution runs on for Power Systems
- Install a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Configure a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Manage a given Linux distribution within a native system environment
- Locate and utilize IBM Service and Productivity tools
- Customize the configuration of the yaboot boot loader
- Access rescue mode on a Linux distribution
- Unit 1 - Power Systems running Linux introduction
- Exercise 1 - Power virtualization
- Unit 2 - Installing Power Systems running Linux
- Exercise 2 - Installing Power Systems running Power
- Unit 3 - System management tools
- Exercise 3 - System management tools
- Unit 4 - Power device operations
- Exercise 4 - Managing Power System devices
- Unit 5 - Boot management and rescue mode
- Exercise 5 - Managing boot operations