Learn to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA for AIX.
The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 6.1 level system.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of a Power HA 6.1 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.
You should be an AIX system administrator and have TCP/ IP, LVM storage and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN120) or (AX120)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN150) or (AX150)
or through equivalent experience.
- Explain what high availability is.
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA for AIX.
- Design and plan a highly available cluster.
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node; and Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA.
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA.
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PowerHA for AIX 5L
- Unit 2- Basic Application and resource group considerations
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Unit 3- Basic Network considerations
- Unit 4- Shared storage considerations for high availability
- Unit 5 - Initial cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Unit 6 - Verification and basic monitoring
- Unit 7 - Additional network and application considerations
- Unit 8 - Additional cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
- Unit 9 - Basic PowerHA administration
- Unit 10 - Events
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
- Unit 11 - Problem determination and recovery
- Unit 12 - PowerHA installation
- Exercise 11
- Open Lab