IBM DS8000 Implementation Workshop for z Systems
To learn the DS8000 storage subsystem and its hardware components and logical structure. You configure the DS8000 storage subsystem using a DS8000 Storage Manager GUI and review the DS CLI interface for scripting configuration functions. You will also perform dynamic data relocation using Easy Tier function.
This course is for system administrators, architects, and storage specialists. Anyone who needs to learn about DS8000 implementation and experiment with them on a real test configuration.
You should have completed:
You should have:
• Unit 1: Concepts and architecture
• Unit 2: Concepts of virtualization
• Unit 3: DS Command Line Interface
• Exercise 0: Lab setup and preliminary instructions
• Exercise 1: DS8000 DS CLI: Installation and configuration
• Exercise 2: DS8000 DS CLI: DDMs, array sites, arrays, ranks, and extent pools
• Exercise 3: DS8000 DS CLI: LCU, CKD volumes, and PAVs
• Unit 4: DS8000 Storage Manager GUI
• Exercise 4: DS8000 Storage Manager: Arrays, ranks, and extent pools
• Exercise 5: DS8000 Storage Manager: LCU, CKD volumes, and PAVs
• Exercise 6: DS8000 Storage Manager: I/O ports configuration
• Exercise 7: DS8000 Storage Manager: Other functions
• Exercise 8: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic volume relocation
• Exercise 9: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic pool merge
• Unit 5: Host attachment
• Unit 6: Performance, tuning, and monitoring
• Unit 7: Business continuity
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.