The IBM PureFlex System is a category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This fundamentals class covers IBM PureSystems, IBM PureFlex System, and the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis along with the IBM X-Architecture and IBM Power Systems compute nodes, systems management, networking, and IBM Flex System V7000. Included are hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the learning principles associated with the Chassis Management Module, X-Architecture and Power Systems compute nodes, Flex System Manager, networking, and Flex System V7000.
This is a base course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Differentiate between IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex System
- Summarize the features and functions of the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System x86 Compute Nodes from other IBM System x servers
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System Power Systems Compute Nodes from other IBM Power Systems servers
- Select the proper IBM Flex System networking components based on the solution requirements
- Classify the IBM Flex System management options
- Critique the storage options available for the IBM Flex System
- Unit 1: IBM PureSystems and IBM Flex System
- Lab 1: IBM PureFlex System introduction
- Unit 2: IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Lab 2: Exploring the Chassis Management Module
- Unit 3: IBM Flex System Manager
- Lab 3: IBM Flex System Manager navigation
- Day 1 review
- Unit 4: IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes
- Lab 4: Exploring the Integrated Management Module II
- Unit 5: IBM Power Systems compute nodes
- Lab 5: IBM Power Systems compute node
- Day 2 review
- Lab 5: IBM Power Systems compute node (continued)
- Unit 6: IBM Flex System storage
- Lab 6: Basic IBM Flex System V7000 administration
- Unit 7: IBM Flex System networking
- Lab 7: IBM Flex System networking: Ethernet switches
- Lab 8: IBM Flex System networking: SAN switch