An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Developing Applications in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.6 - I (WB859G).
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Developing Applications in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 - I (ZB857G). This option does not require any travel.
This course teaches you how to use the tools in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 to build and deploy process integration solutions.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
This basic course is designed for system administrators, integration specialists, application developers, business process developers, support engineers, and technical sales and marketing professionals.
You should have:
- basic Java and Java Platform
- Enterprise Edition (Java EE) skills
- basic Extensible Markup Language (XML) skills
Successful completion of Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.5 - I (WB814G) is highly recommended, but not required.
- Describe the purpose and business value of a service-oriented architecture
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center, IBM Process Portal, Business Space, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Identify and describe the features that are available in IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, and the Service Component Architecture
- Describe the structure of modules and libraries
- Create business objects, shared interfaces, and business calendars
- Model a complex business process diagram in IBM Process Designer
- Create a complex business process that includes basic and structured WS-BPEL activities in IBM Integration Designer
- Use SCA bindings to communicate with web services
- Use WebSphere Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA) adapters in applications
- Implement data maps to transform business data
- Implement mediation modules to route and transform messages
- Implement business rules and use the Business Rules Manager web client to interact with business rules at run time
- Create a business space by using widgets and templates that are available for IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5
- Create and run component test projects in IBM Integration Designer
- Bring the UTE Process Server online and connect with the Process Center
- Explore the IBM Process Center repository