Storage Area Networking Fundamentals
IBM offers a comprehensive portfolio of SAN switches, storage, software, services and solutions to reliably bring information to people in a cost effective way. IBM provides flexible, scalable and open standards-based business-class and global enterprise-class storage networking solutions for the on demand world.
This course provides an overview of storage network and data center networking technology. It reviews SAN concepts, Fibre Channel architecture, SAN topologies, IBM b-type offerings, IBM offerings from Cisco, and SAN over Ethernet architectures, such as iSCSI and FCoE.
This is a base course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM systems.
The following course, or equivalent knowledge, is required prior to this course:
• Introduction to Storage (SS01)
For additional course information and roadmaps please visit our training site:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Classify the components of a SAN infrastructure
• Appraise the Fibre Channel architecture and terms
• Classify the three major components of a SAN
• Differentiate the features of the IBM Storage System b-type switch offerings
• Differentiate the features of the IBM offered Cisco SAN switches and directors
• Evaluate the implementations of iSCSI and FCoE
• Unit 1 - SAN Concepts
• Unit 2 - Fibre Channel
• Unit 3 - SAN design and topology (1 of 2)
• Unit 3 - SAN design and topology (2 of 2) (continued)
• Unit 4 - IBM Fibre Channel b-type switches and directors
• Exercise 0 - Lab setup and preliminary instructions
• Exercise 1 - Switch management overview
• Exercise 2 - Management software installation
• Exercise 3 - Zoning configuration
• Exercise 4 - Configuring the IBM Storwize V3700 storage system
• Exercise 5 - V3700 storage provisioning using iSCSI
• Exercise 6 - Brocade VDX fabric merging
• Unit 5 - Cisco MDS Fibre Channel switches and directors
• Unit 6 - SAN over Ethernet
• Exercise 7 - Basic configuration
• Exercise 8 - Management tools installation
• Exercise 9 - VSAN creation
• Exercise 10 - Zoning configuration on Cisco
• Exercise 11 - Configuring the DS3500 storage subsystem
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.