This course is designed to teach you how to use the CustomPac installation dialog to receive and install a new z/OS ServerPac order. It also discusses basic PARMLIB customization which may be required before the new z/OS system can be IPLed. The course includes a considerable hands-on lab component.
This intermediate course is for New z/OS System Programmers who are required to install and administer an z/OS environment.
You should have:
- The ability to use MVS JCL to construct job streams
- The ability to use VSAM IDCAMS to work with VSAM objects
- End-user skills for TSO/ISPF PDF editor and utilities
- Understanding of z/OS functional components: Equivalent to attending z/OS Facilities (ES15G)
- Familiarity with SMP/E processing
- Create a z/OS implementation plan based on installing a z/OS ServerPac
- Install and activate the CustomPac Installation Dialog
- Use the CustomPac Installation Dialog to configure the z/OS system layout according to local requirements
- Execute the installation jobs created by the installation dialog and any related customization task necessary to build an initial IPLable z/OS system
- Perform the hardware and software configuration tasks required to IPL a z/OS system
- Perform basic PARMLIB customization of the new z/OS base necessary to provide a stable platform for migration and testing of other products and applications on the new z/OS level
- Reuse the ServerPac z/OS system configuration in future installations and reduce time spent on upgrading the z/OS system level