Implementing Community-Supported Open Source Linux on Power Systems
Click on a delivery method to see details
This course introduces the community-supported Linux distributions that are available for IBM Power systems including Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and Debian. While these are less common than “Enterprise level” Linux distributions, they still play a key role in the overall Linux deployment strategy.
This course consists of approximately six hours of instruction, followed by three days of lab exercises and open lab time. During the open lab time, the students will have an opportunity to choose a Linux distribution, install it and then perform common administrative tasks on the assigned IBM Power System. The structured lab exercises will take only a portion of the allotted time, allowing students more time to experiment on their own.
This course is suitable for anyone with some level of Linux on Power Systems knowledge. The target audience is anyone who has some experience with an “Enterprise level” Linux distribution, and wants to better understand the community-supported Linux world.
Students attending this course are expected to have basic Linux and PowerVM skills.
These skills can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
• Power Systems Running Linux: Red Hat Administration (PowerVM Base) (LX031G)
• Power Systems Running Linux: Ubuntu Server Administration (PowerVM Base) (LX041G)
• Power Systems Running Linux: SUSE Linux Administration (PowerVM Base) (LX051G)
or have the equivalent, extensive Linux and PowerVM skills.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss trends in Linux space
- Describe IBM Power systems
- Introduce the community supported distributions to their organizations
- Install Linux distributions on a PowerVM base
- Perform common administrative tasks
▪ Network configuration
▪ Software installation
▪ Device management
▪ IBM service tools
▪ Storage options
(01:00) Unit 1 - Linux on Power
(01:00) Unit 2 - Fedora
(01:00) Unit 3 - CentOS
(01:00) Unit 4 - OpenSUSE
(01:00) Unit 5 - Debian
(00:30) Exercise Introduction - How to access lab systems
Would you like to see your cart ?
An email has been sent to all users you have mentioned.